Jeff Rosenberg

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Running with a blister

Although blisters are a seemingly harmless byproduct of running, they cause plenty of irritation. I developed a particularly nasty one earlier this week which burst on a subsequent run. The exposed raw skin was very sensitive, and I briefly debated whether or not to go on my 10 mile run this morning. It takes a pretty serious ailment to keep me from running, and I don't consider blisters to be that serious, so I hopped in the car and headed for the park. The beginning section of the loop included some trails, complete with rocks and tree roots, so I had to be careful not to step on something the wrong way. However, the rest of the loop was on paved roads, and the foot held up fine. I definitely felt the blister, but it didn't negatively impact my stride. I walked with a limp after finishing, but overall I'd survived to run another day.