Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, September 03, 2010

Roddick bows out early

The U.S. Open started this week, and I've been following the action as closely as possible. This Slam is always difficult for me to track because most of the big-name matches take place late at night, after I've gone to bed. Typically they'll have a women's match at 7pm, followed by the men's match. So far I haven't seen any matches at all. I was looking forward to seeing Roddick play, but now I won't get the chance. He was ousted by Janko Tipsarevic in the second round. Another major, another disappointment for him. The other big names are still alive. Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray. Nadal plays a night match tonight. There should be a lot of action this weekend, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. The way the draw is set up would allow for a Federer-Soderling quarterfinal -- a rematch of the French Open when Soderling took him down. I'd give the nod to Federer on hard courts, but it will be an interesting match nonetheless, assuming they both make it to the QFs.