Jeff Rosenberg

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Angels, Cardinals have reason to worry

The Astros and Cardinals are tied 1-1 in the 7th inning of their NLCS. As I sit here listening to the game on the radio, I'm thinking that the Cardinals are approaching some dangerous territory. They're already down 2 games to 1 in the series, and their offense has been anemic lately. If the Cards fall behind 3 games to 1, it will be extremely difficult for them to win the series. Of course, I'm feeling pretty good about this situation since I don't like the Cardinals.

Ever since the blown call in Game 2 of the ALCS, the White Sox have been on a roll. I think the Angels are in even deeper trouble than the Cardinals. They can't seem to get on track offensively. After tonight, the White Sox could be heading to their first World Series since 1959.

I don't think I could have envisioned a better post-season. The Yankees and Braves both lost, and now it appears that the Cardinals will lose. A White Sox-Astros World Series is definitely probable. With any luck, the upcoming games will be close, exciting ones -- unlike last year's World Series.