Jeff Rosenberg

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Yankees lose! Yankees lose!


There was a lot of action in baseball while I was out of town. The White Sox swept the Red Sox, which I was glad to hear. The Angels defeated the Yankees last night in Anaheim to win that series, and I am very happy about that. The ALCS looks to be an interesting series. I'd like to see the White Sox win and advance to their first World Series since 1959.

In the NLCS, I consider the Astros to be the lesser of two evils. As a Cubs fan, the Cardinals are one of my least favorite teams. I had hoped that the Padres would knock them off in the first round of playoffs, but that was never likely. The Astros are another rival of the Cubs, but my detestation of the Braves made me glad to see them win the series in the bottom of the 18th inning on Sunday. Now I'm forced to root for them again because they're playing the Cardinals. Whatever the result, I will be hoping for the AL team to win the World Series.

The ALCS begins tonight in Chicago. I will be watching.