Jeff Rosenberg

Sunday, October 23, 2005

White Sox win WS opener

The World Series got underway last night, and, as I expected, the White Sox got the victory. I didn't tune in to the game until the 3rd inning, after the score was already 3-3. Roger Clemens had to leave the game after only 2 innings, so it was not a good start for him. The winning run in the game was scored by Joe Crede, who hit a solo homer in the 4th inning. The rest of the game was uneventful, and the score was still 4-3 when I fell asleep. The Sox ended up getting another run on an RBI triple by Scott Podsednik, and the final score was 5-3.

Game 2 is tonight. The scheduled starters are Mark Buehrle for the Sox and Andy Pettitte for Houston. I predict the White Sox to win again, although I wouldn't be overly surprised if they didn't. The Astros are a relentless ballclub and won't go down without a fight.