Jeff Rosenberg

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Djokovic goes down

I got to watch some of the French Open yesterday. Coverage did not start until the afternoon, so the only match I saw live was Federer vs. Mathieu, and that was only the final two sets. Mathieu managed to win the first set but Federer got his act together after that and won the next three to take the match. He's still looking good, in my opinion. The upset of the day was Djokovic losing to Philipp Kohlschreiber in straight sets. I never would have expected him to lose this early. Also, Roddick surprisingly won another match, this one against Marc Gicquel. So now he's in the 4th round, which is the best he's ever done at this tournament. Up next will be Gael Monfils, so that will present a challenge for him. In the other half of the draw, Nadal and Murray both seem to be going strong. I think they'll both have matches today, so I might watch a little if I get the opportunity.