Jeff Rosenberg

Monday, October 24, 2005

Konerko's slam helps Sox steal Game 2

It sure looked like the Astros were going to win last night, but everything changed with one swing of the bat. Paul Konerko's Grand Slam in the 7th inning changed the score from a 4-2 Houston lead to a 6-4 game in favor of the White Sox. As I watched the game at that point, I thought the Astros would roll over and play dead. It turns out that they rallied in the 9th and scored a couple of runs to tie it up, which set the stage for Scott Podsednik's walk-off homer in the bottom of the inning. As luck would have it, I missed all the action due to falling asleep. Last I heard it was 6-4.

The Astros now find themselves in a tough situation. Game 3 is a definite must-win for them, and in my opinion so is Game 4. I'd like to see them win both of those games just to prolong the series. So far there has been some exciting baseball. For Game 3 on Tuesday, I predict a Houston victory. Roy Oswalt is scheduled to take the mound, and he has performed very well this postseason.