Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, October 31, 2008

Phillies win!

Game 5 of the World Series finally concluded Wednesday night with the Phillies winning 4-3. I watched quite a bit of it but did not make it to the end before falling asleep. I saw the Phillies go ahead 3-2, then I saw the Tampa Bay guy hit a homer to tie it up, then I listened on the radio as the Phils got another run in the 7th to go up 4-3. The next thing I remember was waking up in the morning. But the Phillies won! The victory parade is scheduled for today, so I'm sure a lot of people are excited about that. Personally, I think it's really cool to see and hear all the excitement surrounding the Phillies. Everyone talks about them on the radio and on the local news, and I see people all over wearing Phillies shirts and hats and other paraphernalia. Quite a unique experience.

The NBA season got underway earlier in the week, and the Sixers played their first game right before the World Series ended on Wednesday night. They lost, 95-84 to Toronto. Their next game is tonight at home against the Knicks.