Jeff Rosenberg

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Phillies in the WS!

The Phillies beat the Dodgers 5-1 last night to earn their ticket to the World Series for the first time since 1993, when they lost to the Blue Jays. I watched the start of the game but could not stay awake for the whole thing. Cole Hamels had another solid outing, allowing only one run, a solo shot to Manny Ramirez in the 6th. In my opinion, the big inning for the Phillies was the 3rd, when they scored a couple of two-out runs. Jimmy Rollins had a key stolen base before Chase Utley walked, and Ryan Howard and Pat Burrell both singled. The score of the game was 3-0 when I turned of the TV and went to bed. I had the game on the radio, but I fell asleep before they scored again.

In tennis, the indoor season is underway, and right now the Madrid Masters tournament is being played over in Spain. Andy Roddick just lost to Gael Monfils today, but both Federer and Nadal are still alive. Djokovic also lost to Ivo Karlovic. I don't think this part of the tennis season is very important since all the Grand Slams are over, but it's still interesting to check out the results.