Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, October 03, 2008

Cubs down 0-2 to Dodgers

I didn't get a chance to follow the Cubs-Dodgers game last night because it started after I went to bed, but this morning on the news I saw that the Cubbies got crushed 10-3. I could only shake my head in disgust. They lost their first two games at home, so now their only hope of winning the series is to win three games in a row, two of which will be out in California. I know they're capable of doing that, but that doesn't mean they will. Game 3 is tomorrow night, but it doesn't start until 10pm, so I won't know the result until Sunday morning.

On the flip side of the coin, I am very excited to see the Phillies playing great baseball. They beat the Brewers 5-2 yesterday. It was an evening game, so I listened to much of it on the radio. It was a 1-1 tie when I turned it on, and then Shane Victorino hit a grand slam to give the Phils all the runs they needed for the win.