Jeff Rosenberg

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hamels pitches a gem

Game 1 of the Phillies-Brewers series just got over less than an hour ago with the Phillies coming out on top 3-1. I missed most of the game but did listen to it on the radio on my way home from work. Cole Hamels pitched very well, going 8 innings and allowing no runs and only 2 hits. Brad Lidge took over in the ninth and picked up the save, although he gave up a run. I didn't hear the bottom half of the ninth because I was out for a run, but I caught the post-game show when I returned.

The next playoff game is Cubs-Dodgers, which should already be underway. I've scanned all the AM radio stations in the hopes of finding a play-by-play broadcast, but there was nothing to be found. And I can't watch it on TV since it's on TBS, and I don't have cable. I'll have to rely on the internet for updates.

Last night the White Sox defeated the Twins 1-0 in their one-game playoff to advance to the ALDS. Sounds like it was a good game with the only run coming on a Jim Thome solo homer. The Sox will now take on Tampa Bay starting tomorrow. The other Sox (the Red ones) play the Angels tonight, but I expect to be sound asleep before the first pitch is thrown.