Jeff Rosenberg

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Afternoon running

Just got back from my first run in almost a week. I only did 2.4 miles, and I suppose it went pretty well. No pain at all in my Achilles, although I felt more tired than I wanted to be. Obviously I'm not going to be the same after a week break from running, but I wonder if the change from morning to afternoon running also had something to do with it. Tomorrow I'll try to go ~4, and if that goes well I'll plan to go long (maybe 7-10 miles?) on Thursday. The half-marathon is approaching quickly, so by the end of next week I'd like to be taking it easy.

The White Sox beat the Tigers 8-2 last night to set up a one-game playoff with the Twins tonight. Should be an exciting game, but I can't watch because it's on TBS. Incidentally, I noticed that the entire first round of playoffs will be on TBS. I think the same thing happened last year. So I won't get to watch any baseball. Stupid MLB.

The football game last night was between the Steelers and the Ravens. I had it on the radio as I was lying in bed, and I heard Pittsburgh kick a field goal to go ahead 3-0. After that I conked out. But I saw on the internet this morning that it was a close game with the Steelers winning 23-20 in OT.