Jeff Rosenberg

Monday, September 22, 2008

Eagles win battle of PA teams

The Eagles played the Steelers yesterday in Philadelphia. I watched a little bit of the game at my brother's house near Harrisburg and was surprised to see the Eagles win. The final score was 15-6. So now the Eagles are 2-1, which ties them with the Redskins for last place in the NFC East. The Cowboys and Giants are both still undefeated. Next weekend the Eagles will play the Sunday night game against the Bears in Chicago.

I did not get a chance to follow the Cubs over the weekend, but I did see that they won on Saturday to clinch the NL Central title. I bet Pat Hughes and Ron Santo were very excited about that (as they were with Zambrano's no-hitter a week ago). It's too bad I don't get to hear those guys broadcast anymore. I know my dad still listens to them. Anyway, the Cubs won again yesterday, beating the Cardinals 5-1. Next up is a series against the Mets. It will be a great opportunity for them to help out the Phillies.