Jeff Rosenberg

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Roddick vs Federer

I saw both men's US Open semifinals this afternoon. Federer's win was a foregone conclusion, but I was very happy to see Roddick win. I think he's coming out of his slump. Tomorrow's match will be interesting, but I think ultimately Federer will come out on top. I would not be surprised to see Roddick win a set.

As I was checking out some college football action on TV, I was surprised to see the Iowa-Syracuse game being televised. I'm not sure why it was aired here in Philly, but I was glad to catch the end of it nonetheless. I don't think the Hawkeyes played very well, because they ended the regulation in a 10-10 tie. They finally won in the second OT, thanks to Syracuse not being able to score on multiple attempts inside the 1 yard line. I could not believe they failed to get a touchdown. But the Hawks are now 2-0, so I'm happy. I believe the next game is against Iowa State.