Jeff Rosenberg

Thursday, May 25, 2006

On hiatus from work

My job ended last week, so I am once again unemployed. Fortunately, it sounds like there will be more work coming up shortly, so I expect to be called back to work within the next few weeks. In the meantime, I am looking for other opportunities (in vain). I spent a week in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago due to my grandfather's terminal illness and death. It was a sad time, but my entire family was there, so that was nice. And yesterday my brother & his wife had a baby girl. So there's been a lot of action in this family of mine.

I watched the Cavs vs. Pistons game 7 last weekend, and I was a little disappointed to see the Cavs lose. It was still a good series, though. I expected Detroit to run away with it, but Cleveland managed to win 3 games. The Pistons have since lost game 1 of the conference finals to Miami, so it will be a challenge for them to come back and win that series. In the West, Phoenix and Dallas look to be evenly matched. I really don't care who wins that series. I'm not even sure why I care about the NBA at all, since I can't watch any of the games. They're all on cable, and they start well after my bedtime.