Jeff Rosenberg

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Looking ahead to Baltimore half-marathon

I stumbled across this blog the other day and figured it might be a good idea to start posting again. I think the main reason I quit was because I had dial-up internet service, so it was always a pain to go online just to post something. But now I have DSL which eliminates that problem.

I've been running for the past few months now and am setting my sights on the Baltimore half-marathon in a few weeks. That will be my only race of the year, so I hope it goes well. I won't be running the JFK 50 in November because I had some Achilles problems over the summer, and by the time they got better the race had sold out. I'm not too disappointed, and in fact I actually knew I wasn't going to be able to run if I didn't sign up right away. Anyway, I'm running about 30mpw now with a long run of 10. I may try to get in a 12-miler before race day, which is October 11. We'll see.