Jeff Rosenberg

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Phillies beat Braves

Last night before going to bed, I turned my radio on to the Monday Night Football game before realizing that the Phillies were playing. End-of-the-season baseball always interests me more than football, so I tuned in to the Phils. They were tied 2-2 with Atlanta when I fell asleep, but they went on to score 4 more runs for a 6-2 victory. Meanwhile, the Mets were busy losing to the Cubs, allowing a grand slam to Jason Marquis in the process. Ouch. So, the Brewers are now one game behind the Mets in the Wild Card race, and the Mets are 2.5 games behind the Phillies in the NL East.

As for the football game, I see the Chargers beat the Jets 48-29. Second loss in a row for the Jets after winning their first game against the Dolphins.