Jeff Rosenberg

Monday, September 29, 2008

Redskins win in Dallas

Yesterday afternoon I watched the Redskins-Cowboys game on TV. I'm not a big fan of the Cowboys, but I expected them to win, especially since the game was in Dallas. So I was pleasantly surprised to see the Redskins stick with them and even take a 17-7 lead in the second quarter. The Cowboys tied it up in the third quarter, and I kept expecting them to regain the lead, but it never happened. Washington scored three additional field goals, and it bothered me that they couldn't get 7 points on any of those drives. Dallas almost made them pay by getting a touchdown late in the fourth quarter, but they were unable to recover the on-sides kick and the Skins ran out the clock. Very entertaining game.

The Eagles played the Bears in the Sunday night game, and I only watched a little bit of it before going to bed. I think it was tied 7-7 when I fell asleep. The Bears ended up winning 24-20.