Jeff Rosenberg

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Berdych defeats Roddick in Tokyo

I've been following the Japan Open this week, and earlier today Andy Roddick lost a close match to Tomas Berdych, 6-7(3), 7-5, 7-6(3). A little disappointing, but I'm glad to see he put up a good fight. Berdych is a solid player, currently ranked 27th in the world. In the final tomorrow, he'll take on Juan Martin del Potro, who had an amazing summer before losing to Andy Murray in the US Open quarters. Looks like this is his first tournament since the US Open. It will be an interesting final tomorrow. As for Roddick, I'm not sure what his next tournament will be. The Madrid Masters is coming up in about a week, so maybe he'll play in that one. Federer and Nadal should be there too, so that'll be a fun one to follow.

In baseball, the NL took the day off yesterday while the two AL series continued. Tampa Bay and Boston both won again. Later this evening the Phillies and Brewers will resume their series in Milwaukee. I'll actually be able to watch that game on TV since I'm down in Baltimore visiting my grandma, who has cable. I'd love to watch the Cubs-Dodgers game, but 10pm is just way too late for me. Unless the Cubs make it to the World Series, I don't think I'll be able to watch them at all. Thanks a lot, MLB!