Jeff Rosenberg

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sixers win over Toronto

I listened to a few minutes of the Sixers game last night, and I was able to hear the conclusion before I fell asleep. The Sixers outscored the Raptors 37-20 in the second quarter, which proved to be enough of a lead to last for the rest of the game. Toronto came back and outscored the Sixers in the fourth quarter, but it was not enough. Final score: 115-106. This is a very welcome win, especially after losing to Oklahoma City last Sunday. The Sixers have dropped 3 of their last 5 games yet are still at the 500 mark, which I suppose is a reason for optimism. They are 4 games ahead of the Nets in their division and still in second place (the Celtics are out of reach). With a record of 31-31, there should be 20 games left to play. This would be a good time for the Sixers to go on a roll. I'd love to see them go 15-5 for those last 20 games.