Jeff Rosenberg

Sunday, July 12, 2009

All-Star break coming up

With all the tennis action that's been going on for the past couple of months, I haven't really been able to follow baseball very closely. I listen to the Phillies games whenever they play, but I usually only hear half an inning or so before I fall asleep. Now the season is half over. Today will be the last day of baseball before the all-star break tomorrow, and then the game itself will be on Tuesday. I'd love to be able to watch, but if my memory is correct, they usually don't throw the first pitch until 8:30, so I'd be lucky just to see the first batter before going to bed.

The Phillies had an exciting game last night against the Pirates. They were trailing 5-0 when I tuned in, and then I remember them scoring a run to make it 5-1. I must have fallen asleep somewhere around there, because they scored 3 runs in that inning. They were behind 7-2 in the 9th inning, and somehow they managed to score 5 runs in the bottom frame to steal the victory. Now their record is 47-38, a solid 4 games ahead of the second-place Marlins.