Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, July 03, 2009

Semis today

The semis at Wimbledon are all set for today. Federer plays Tommy Haas, and Andy Roddick plays Andy Murray. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll get to watch the matches on TV since NBC does not start coverage until noon. It appears that the matches will air live on ESPN2, and then NBC will show them tape-delayed. So all I can do is listen to Radio Wimbledon, unless video is being streamed online. I hope that is the case. As for the tennis, I expect Federer to win and advance to his 7th straight Wimbledon final. I'm not going to offer a prediction on the other match. I believe Roddick has the capability to win, but he needs to play his best and keep his head in the game. In the Hewitt match it seemed to me like he fell asleep mentally a few times. If he does that against Murray, he's toast.