Jeff Rosenberg

Monday, June 15, 2009

Murray wins Queens Club

The Wimbledon tune-up tournament at Queen's Club concluded yesterday with Andy Murray taking on James Blake in the final. I had been hoping to see a Roddick-Murray matchup, but Roddick injured his ankle during his semi against Blake and retired. I hope he's back at full strength for Wimbledon. I got to watch the Blake-Murray match on TV since I was visiting a relative who gets the Tennis Channel. Solid tennis by Murray, breaking once in the first set to win 7-5, and doing the same to win the second 6-4. This should be an encouraging result for him going in to Wimbledon. I still don't know what's going on with Nadal and his knee problems, but aside from him, Federer, and Roddick, I can't think of anyone else I'd pick to win against Murray. Federer completely skipped his usual grass-court tune-up in Halle, but I'm sure he'll be more than ready for Wimbledon.