Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, August 14, 2009

Back from San Jose

I'm back home once again from my little excursion out west. Everything went well, although I never fully adjusted to the jet lag. I went to bed around 7:30 every night and was up at 3:30 in the morning. That's an ideal schedule for running before work, so on Monday morning I headed over to a branch of the San Francisco Bay Trail and put in about 4.5 miles. In retrospect, that was not the best place to run in the morning because it was dark and I had trouble seeing. I also had the misfortune of inhaling a bug, which got just far enough down my throat that I couldn't spit the little guy out. I stopped and gagged for quite a while because of that. So on Tuesday I just ran on the roads near my hotel which were lit well enough for me to see. I looked at a map before heading out and determined that there was no way I could get lost. I then proceeded to get lost. Every time I though I knew where I was, I'd run into an unfamiliar road. I finally gave up and backtracked. On Wednesday I figured I'd run a simple out-and-back route so I definitely wouldn't get lost, and that worked. I didn't get a chance to run at all on Thursday, because first thing in the morning I drove to the airport, and it was not until 8:45 that night that I returned to my apartment.