Jeff Rosenberg

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sox win marathon Game 3

I seem to have a habit of missing all the best action in this year's World Series. Unfortunately, the games don't start until after 8pm here, and it's hard for me to make it past 10:30 or so without dozing off. I'm glad I didn't plan to watch the entire game last night, though. I understand it didn't end until around 2 in the morning. I fell asleep at some point during the 8th inning. The last I remember the Sox were ahead 5-4. Apparently Houston scored a run in the bottom frame to tie it up.

I admit I'm surprised the Astros lost. They were playing in their home park, they had Roy Oswalt on the mound, and they got an early 4-0 lead. If they can't win with all of that, I'm afraid they can't win at all. But I remain optimistic. I fully expect the White Sox to win the series, but I predict the Astros will win the tonight's game. I'd really like to see Houston win the next two games so the Sox can win it all in the Windy City.