Jeff Rosenberg

Saturday, November 01, 2008

A favorite running loop

I had the day off work yesterday, so since I was able to run in the mid-afternoon instead of early evening, I decided to do a favorite 7.4-mile loop that takes me into Philadelphia. I've posted a map of the route, courtesy of MapMyRun.com. As with a lot of loops from my apartment, this one involves some stretches with no sidewalk and heavy traffic, which is why I choose not to run it in the dark or during rush hour. Yesterday was not too bad. The length of Brown Avenue that goes past the country club is without a sidewalk or a shoulder, but I encountered relatively few cars, and the ones I did see were attentive. Knights Road has a wide shoulder, and the rest of the roads after that are easy to traverse. Shortly after mile 5 is an old stone bridge that marks where I pass the Philadelphia city limits and re-enter Bucks County. I love that part of the loop because it's wooded and isolated with very few cars. Overall, it is a really enjoyable running course, and I would definitely run it more often if not for the safety concerns.