Jeff Rosenberg

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Lakers continue their winning ways

The Sixers finally chalked up a win Tuesday night in Chicago. I listened to some of the game on the radio, and they seemed to have a comfortable lead when I fell asleep. The next morning I discovered that the game had gone into overtime, but the Sixers still ended up winning by a score of 103-95. It was a win they needed badly, especially since the Lakers came to town last night. With a record of 14-2, they had just come off an upset loss to the Pacers the night before. I was skeptical about the Sixers chances of winning, but I still held out hope. Unfortunately, it was not to be. They put up a good fight, but Kobe Bryant stole the show and led the Lakers to a 114-102 victory. I am not disappointed since this was an expected loss. But the Sixers need to start winning against mediocre teams. Next up is Detroit, a team that is better than mediocre, but there's still an opportunity for the Sixers to notch up another win. We'll find out Friday night.