Jeff Rosenberg

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Cardinals, Chargers victorious

Yesterday was the first day of the NFL playoffs, and I watched a little bit of both games. They were both good contests. The 4:30 game was between Arizona and Atlanta, and I saw that one through to the end. The Cardinals came out on top 30-24. With a regular season record of 9-7, I would not have expected them to win, but, due to the rule that gives division champs home field advantage over wild card teams, they got to host an 11-5 Falcons squad. But I definitely credit them for getting the job done. Their next game will undoubtedly be more challenging. Yesterday's other game was the Colts against the Chargers. I only watched the first quarter and then went to bed. Today I learned that it came down to OT with the Chargers winning at home. Another semi-surprise, given that the Chargers had posted an 8-8 record while the Colts were 12-4. But apparently the Colts could not take care of business on the road, so now they're going home.

Two more games today, including an Eagles-Vikings matchup which definitely interests me. I'll see if I can get my run in early enough this afternoon to allow me to see the start.