Jeff Rosenberg

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sixers up 1-0 on Magic

The NBA playoffs started over the weekend, and the Sixers were in action on Sunday against the Magic. I was driving home from my brother's house when the game started, and I tuned in to 610 WIP (the Sixers' usual station) but did not hear the game. Instead, it sounded like some call-in show for the Flyers. I really hate it when hockey pre-empts a more worthy sport like basketball. I tried 1210 and 950 to no avail, and those were the only stations I could think of that would broadcast the game. So, I ended up missing the Sixers' victory in game 1. It was a very close contest with a final score of 100-98, courtesy of an Andre Iguodala fadeway jumper with 2 seconds left on the clock. The series continues tomorrow in Orlando. Game 3 will be in Philly. The Sixers have put themselves in a very good position, and I hope they can take advantage of it by winning their home games and keeping the pressure on Orlando.