Jeff Rosenberg

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Phillies finally top the Braves

The Phillies did not get off to a great start this season, losing their first two games to Atlanta at home. The final game of the series was played yesterday afternoon. I listened to some of it in the car on my way home, and when I first tuned in they were trailing 10-3. I figured they would surely get swept. By the time I got home, the score was 10-6, but I still did not have much hope for a Phillies comeback. I went for a run and did not think about the game again until this morning, when I saw the score on the morning news: Phillies 12, Braves 11. Evidently the Phillies scored eight runs in that 7th inning and tacked on another one in the 8th. What a turnaround. Now the Phils have some confidence, they avoided the sweep, and they got their first win of the season. I'm happy. Today was an off day, and tomorrow they'll be out in Colorado to start a series against the Rockies.