Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, April 03, 2009

Nadal out

Action continues at the Miami tournament, and now some of the top players are losing. Nadal fell to Juan Martin del Potro in the quarters yesterday, setting up a semi between del Potro and Andy Murray. Federer downed Roddick only to lose to Novak Djokovic in the semis earlier today. The second semifinal will be played tonight. Both that and the final should be interesting matchups. I'm inclined to think Murray will win it all, but it seems every time I pick him to win a tournament, he falls short. Maybe del Potro will surprise me and defeat both Murray and Djokovic. As for Federer, this is another disappointing result for him. He should have been energized after hearing of Nadal's defeat. I'm not sure why he couldn't find the motivation to win this tournament. Surely Djokovic is not on Federer's level yet, is he? The final should be Sunday. I'll watch if it's on TV, but I suspect it won't be.