Jeff Rosenberg

Monday, January 04, 2010

Cowboys shut out Eagles

Big matchup yesterday between the Eagles and Cowboys down in Dallas. Unfortunately, the game was not as exciting as all the hype surrounding it. The Eagles did not have any offense at all, and the Cowboys smoked them 24-0. It was a painful game to watch, but I'm trying not to be pessimistic. The Eagles now have the #6 seed in the NFC, so on Saturday night they'll be right back in Dallas for another shot at the Cowboys. But this time the loser goes home for good. As frustrating as it was to watch the game yesterday, I have to think that Saturday will be a much more competitive affair. The other NFC contest will be between the Packers and the Cardinals, and I'm not sure who to expect to win that one. If I had to pick, I'd say the Packers. They have a better overall record, and they just beat Arizona yesterday. I think it's ridiculous that Arizona has home-field advantage in spite of all that, just because they won their division and Green Bay did not, but those are the rules.