Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, November 07, 2008

Sixers fall to the Magic

Last night before I got into bed, I turned on the radio to listen to the Sixers game. I haven't listened to any of their games so far this season, but I'm trying to follow them as closely as possible. They trailed Orlando 54-43 at halftime. I listened to a little bit of the halftime show but fell asleep before the third quarter got underway. The Sixers ended up losing 98-88, dropping their overall record to 2-4. I realize it's still very early in the season, but losing 4 of the first 6 games is not encouraging. Their next game is against Utah on Tuesday, so I'll try to tune in to that one. The Jazz right now are 4-0, although they'll play a couple more games before they play the Sixers. Actually I was just reading that the next Jazz win will be Jerry Sloan's 1,000th career win with that team, making him the first NBA coach to ever achieve that feat. Other coaches have won 1,000 games, but not all with the same team. Quite an accomplishment.