Jeff Rosenberg

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ravens sneak by the Titans

I'm down in Baltimore this weekend, so I haven't been following football as closely as if I were home, but I did catch the 4th quarter of the Ravens-Titans contest last night. Baltimore was up 10-7 when I turned it on, and then Tennessee managed to score a field goal to tie it up. They were close to a touchdown a few times, but the Ravens played great defense and forced some turnovers. They then scored a field goal of their own and stopped the Titans to get a 13-10 victory. Up next -- either the Chargers or the Steelers. Yesterday's second game was between the Cardinals and Panthers, and I didn't follow it very closely and went to bed at halftime. The Cardinals ended up winning, which means that the bye teams aren't doing very well so far.

In tennis, Andy Murray took home the title in Qatar, defeating Andy Roddick pretty easily 6-4, 6-2. Murray has been incredibly impressive the last few months, and I look for him to do a lot of damage at the Australian Open. It would be great to see him face Federer in the final, although they may end up playing in the semis, depending on the draw. Djokovic is also a factor.