Jeff Rosenberg

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hawkeyes beat Penn State

I haven't had much time for blogging lately, but I did want to write a little something about the football game Saturday night between Iowa and Penn State. For some reason unknown to me, Penn State was heavily favored, and they certainly looked good at the beginning of the game. They scored a touchdown pretty quickly and then tacked on a field goal for a 10-0 lead. But, much to my delight, the Hawkeyes played excellent defense and were able to pin the Nittany Lions on their goal line. They forced a fumble in the end zone and picked up 2 points for the safety. At halftime the score was 10-5, but the momentum was with Iowa. I went to bed and missed the second half, but obviously Penn State's offense fell apart. They didn't score for the rest of the game. Iowa won 21-10. I was favorably impressed. The Hawkeyes are now 4-0 and look to be one of the top teams in the Big Ten.