Jeff Rosenberg

Friday, September 04, 2009

Top seeds still alive

The U.S. Open got underway this week, and so far there haven't been any big upsets on the men's side. This tournament is always difficult for me to follow because of the night sessions. Typically they have a women's match followed by a men's match, which means the guys are playing after I've gone to bed. This was the case with both of Andy Roddick's matches so far, and I believe Andy Murray's first match was also a late one. Federer also played under the lights, but he played before the women's match, so I actually got to hear the final result of that one before dozing off (but only because he won in straight sets). The action continues today and throughout the weekend, so if I'm lucky I may get to see some of the matches on TV. Nadal and Murray are both playing today, so I assume Federer, Roddick, and Djokovic will all play on Saturday.