Jeff Rosenberg

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saints, Colts win

Round 2 of the NFL playoffs got underway this weekend, and I was able to catch most of the action. Yesterday afternoon the Saints took on the Cardinals in New Orleans. I didn't expect Arizona to do much based on how awful their defense looked against Green Bay last weekend. Turns out I was right. The Saints scored 45 points en route to a 45-14 victory. Yes, I realize that New Orleans has a great offense, but I am nevertheless amazed that a team like the Cardinals could make the playoffs with such a horrible defense. This was the second consecutive game where they've given up 45 points. Anyway, now they're out. Last night's game was between the Ravens and Colts, and I only watched the first half before going to bed. I was actually a very close affair, tied 3-3 until late in the second quarter when Baltimore suddenly gave up a couple of quick touchdowns. Apparently I did not miss much in the second half, because the final score was 20-3. Then today the Vikings crushed the Cowboys 34-3 to set up a meeting with the Saints next weekend. The Jets-Chargers game starts in just a few minutes, and I'll be watching that one as well.