Jeff Rosenberg

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Federer vs. Nadal, part VII

Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer have faced each other six times in Grand Slam finals -- three times each at the French Open and Wimbledon. Now they'll play a seventh time in the finals of the Australian Open. Federer had a relatively easy semi against Andy Roddick, winning in straight sets, but Nadal had to summon the best of his tennis-playing abilities to down Fernando Verdasco, who took a couple sets off him. The final is not until tomorrow, so Rafa will get a day of rest and should be ready to battle Federer in a hard-court major for the first time. I'm not completely sure when the match will start, but I think it'll be around 3:30 in the morning where I live. Not a great time for those of us in the US who want to watch. Not only that, but I'm sure it's on ESPN2, which I don't get. So I guess I'll wake up tomorrow morning and check the internet. No doubt the Australian Open site has a live scoreboard.