Jeff Rosenberg

Monday, January 19, 2009

Eagles fall to Arizona

Well, the Eagles' playoff run has come to an end after losing to the Cardinals 35-28 yesterday. It was an exciting game. The first half was not much fun to watch, as the Cards jumped out to a comfortable lead. At one point the score was 24-6, but after that the Eagles got hot. They scored three unanswered touchdowns, missing the extra point on the second one and failing to convert two points on the third. Up 25-24, I thought they were poised to pull off the victory, but the Cardinals got another touchdown with a two-point conversion to effectively stop the Eagles' momentum. I was disappointed in the outcome, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy watching the Superbowl. The Steelers defeated the Ravens in the second game last night, but I didn't stay awake for the end of that one.