Jeff Rosenberg

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nadal to play Verdasco in semis

The quarterfinals have now been completed. Nadal took out Gilles Simon earlier today, and Fernando Verdasco scored another upset by beating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. I might as well just stop making predictions. The Verdasco-Nadal match will be an interesting one, not only because Verdasco is red hot. Nadal has never made it past the semis of a hard-court major, and it will be a huge step for him to finally do so. I'm sure he's capable of it, but he has a history of losing to inferior opponents such as Tsonga last year and Murray at the US Open. He really seems to be playing well, though, and I'd love to see him clash with Federer in the final. If that happens, it would be the 7th time those two have played in a Grand Slam final. Amazing. Unfortunately, I have no way of watching the match without cable TV, but I can follow on the internet, assuming it takes place while I'm awake. Tomorrow is the Federer-Roddick match. Can't wait to see how that one turns out.