Jeff Rosenberg

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Roddick, del Potro post wins

The Australian Open kicked off this week, and I've been following all the action. Fortunately for me, ESPN is providing excellent coverage via their ESPN 360 site, which streams live broadcasts of all the matches I want to watch. The only problem is that the time difference causes most matches to be played while I'm asleep. Andy Roddick defeated Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil last night, and I missed that match but saw a few of the highlights. It was a straight set victory for Roddick, and he looked good. This morning as soon as I woke up I caught the end of the Del Potro-Blake match, which was much closer than I thought it would be. Del Potro won 10-8 in the fifth set. I'm not sure if Blake played really well or if Del Potro was hurt. Blake is certainly a good player, but I do not think he's on the same level as the defending U.S. Open champ. So far there haven't been any big upsets on the men's side. Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, del Potro, Davydenko, and Roddick are all alive.