Jeff Rosenberg

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Celtics squeak by Sixers

I haven't been following basketball much these past couple of weeks due to my preoccupation with the Australian Open, but the Sixers have actually been doing very well. They clawed their way back to 500 and went into last night's game against Boston with a 23-23 record. I turned on the radio sometime in the 4th quarter and was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Sixers had a sizeable lead. I drifted off to sleep before the end of the game, but I think I remember hearing the Celtics get within 2 points. This morning on the news I saw that the Sixers ended up losing 100-99. It was still a quality effort, but it's disappointing that they couldn't seal the deal after amassing a lead against one of the league's best teams. Oh well. They'll have another chance to get back to 500 tomorrow night when they play the Pacers.