Jeff Rosenberg

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Djokovic out

In a rematch of the 2008 Australian Open final, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga got his revenge on Novak Djokovic by knocking him out of this year's tournament. I watched a little bit of the beginning of this match as it was on when I got up this morning. I listened to the end of it on Australian Open radio while I was at work. Tsonga won the first set in a tiebreak and then lost the second set in a tiebreak. Djokovic won set three and looked to me like he was all set to win the match, but inexplicably he fell apart. Tsonga took the final two sets and advanced to the semis where he'll face Federer. The other semi will be played tomorrow morning between Andy Murray and Marin Cilic. Cilic is coming off of two big upsets, over del Potro and Roddick, but they were both 5-setters and may have drained him. Murray, on the other hand, did not seem to have any trouble dispatching an injured Nadal and will enter the match with a lot of confidence.