Jeff Rosenberg

Monday, February 08, 2010

Saints win Super Bowl

I did not watch all of the big game yesterday, but I did watch quite a bit of it and enjoyed what I saw. I expected Peyton Manning to just drive down the field on every Colts possession, which didn't exactly happen. The first quarter followed expectations, as Indy jumped out to a 10-0 lead. But the Saints defense got their act together after that and kept them scoreless in the second frame. They also added a couple of field goals of their own to cut the deficit to 10-6. Then, to start the second half, New Orleans tried an on-sides kick and recovered it successfully. It was an unexpected play and achieved its goal of keeping Manning off the field as long as possible. As a bonus, they scored a touchdown and took a 13-10 lead. The Colts struck back to make it 17-13, the Saints got a field goal to make it 17-16, and then I went to bed. This morning I discovered what I'd missed - a New Orleans TD and a Peyton Manning interception. The Saints win their first ever Super Bowl.